21 June 2008

SFSU Graduation Redux

Just want to pop this pix into the record of the big day. Pictured below from the Creative Writing Dept's post grad soiree, that's Michelle Carter, Roy Conboy, Andrea Kuchlewska and Anne Galjour.
These three professors along with three not pictured (Brian Thorstenson, Truong Tran and Larry Eilenberg) are responsible for turning me, a wannabe, into a genuine artist, writer, playwright, poet.

They turned me into a turner of words into heat and light and heft; that hopefully sit in the tummies and brains and ears of others. To create something that someone remembers, recalls with delight (or, even better, revulsioin).

To challenge others to think or feel or consider an idea or scene or concept differently. They all do that and showed me ways to do it myself. And everyday I keep trying to do it.

ThankyouMichellethankyouRoythankyouLarrythankyouAnnthankyouTruong
andthankyouBrian!


And a final shot of me with my tassel -> make up and hair by J-Ha who's available for weddings and Valentine's Days!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites